Sunday, 24 October 2010

First year milestone passed

It is 6 mins into day 366 post op, which means I'm into year 2. Thank you to everyone for your support, kindness and friendship over the last year.

This time last year I was off the ventilator in the critical care unit and Vicky was just heading off along with my sister for some sleep having completed a nerve wracking 24 hours.

Tonight we celebrated with last minute tickets to Avenue Q in the west end - utterly hilarious and very rude...with muppets!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Long may it continue, Will. It was nerve wracking for all of us, this time a year ago, it's hard to imagine what it was like for your nearest and dearest. Thanks to your donor, the NHS and your determination it has all been worth it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An anniversary way beyond the normal! We continue to watch and be moved from afar. Both of you continue to look after yourselves.
    Ca marche!!!
    Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent way to celebrate, v funny. May I suggest the New Art Club for next year, also v funny & a bit mad !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Will! Vicky, I don't know about you but whenever even a monthly anniversary rolls around all I do is remember what was going on at that time xxx amount of months ago.
    Congrats!!!!!

    fahrjr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete