Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Just a virus then

I've had a good series of indecisive wobbles over the last few days. Having been offered the FOB on Friday morning and turned it down, I woke up on Friday feeling not so hot and my blows were down so I rang again. They managed to squeeze me in and so I did get the FOB after all. Karthick (sp?), the doc doing the bronch said he'd take a look and use his judgement whether to take a biopsy to check for rejection. When I woke up on the ward he said he'd seen inflammation of the upper airway and that was consistent with a virus, and lower down looked ok so he didn't take the biopsy.

Today I went back to clinic and the tests from the bronchi didn't grow any bacteria (so no antibiotics) but did grow adenovirus, i.e. a cold.

So it seems I have a virus and will just have to wait to get better. As the doc said today 'unfortunately you are in the land of normal people for this one - nothing we can do'.

Reassuring I guess but I'd really like that lung function back, and whatever is said I know I'll be anxious until my blows are back to normal.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I can understand the concern, but at least they actually identified the virus and so no guessing. Get that cold out of you and you will get those numbers back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that no news is good news? I'm busy petting dogs for a living (amongst other, much duller, stuff)and we're getting the drive done in anticipation of me buying a car - will send you a photo when I get one but I think Will, you'll be jealous!
    Take care and enjoy xmas shopping this year in a way that you couldn't last year :o)
    Love to the world,
    Nearly BSc Me (3 weeks 'til the final result)

    ReplyDelete